Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP to Identify These US Ribbons

Article about: Hello guys, can anyone help me identify these two from the US that i found in a sergeant uniform from a WWII veteran? I appreciate it

?

Default HELP to Identify These US Ribbons

Hello guys,

can anyone help me identify these two from the US that i found in a sergeant uniform from a WWII veteran?

I appreciate it

HELP to Identify These US Ribbons

Bottom three from left to right are the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign ribbon with one campaign star , the American Campaign ribbon, and the American defense ribbon.

The American Defense Medal was awarded for 12 months of active service prior to Dec 7,1941
    The American Campaign Medal was awarded for 12 months of active service in the continental US and territorial waters during WWII
    The Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal was awarded for 30 consecutive or 60 non consecutive days of active service within the Asiatic-Pacific Theater of Operations. A 3/16” bronze star was awarded for wear on the ribbon/medal to denote individual campaigns the recipient took part in.

Hope this helps. I’m not sure what the top two are. They look familiar but can’t place them yet. Will get back with you if someone doesnt identify themselves for you first.

The bottom three ribbons are correct for US for WW2 - Asiatic Pacific Campaign, American Campaign, American Defense Service , . The top two are not looking familiar.

For full identification charts go to Awards and decorations of the United States Armed Forces - Wikipedia.

For the top two be sure to check the other charts listed i.e. State National Guard, state guard, Merchant Marine ...... (lots of awards),

Best Regards, Jim

Top right is the British Order of Merit upside down

Order of Merit - Wikipedia