Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

help with an Italy Star

Article about: It has been a dream since I was very young to get a hold of an Italy Star. Today I found this one on lakesidetrader.com. Upon doing some research i have come to find that there are a lot of

Default help with an Italy Star

It has been a dream since I was very young to get a hold of an Italy Star. Today I found this one on lakesidetrader.com. Upon doing some research i have come to find that there are a lot of reproductions of British and Commonwealth medals so I have two questions. One, Is this one a fake or real. And two, How would I be able in the future to tell the differences between Fake British and Commonwealth medals and the real thing. Any help Is very much appreciated.
    help with an Italy Star

Default Re: help with an Italy Star

The star looks fine to me.

With the less expensive stars you're normally pretty safe because they don't get faked to often. An Air crew Europe star would be another story but an Italy star should be fine Especially if its from a reputable dealer, it's not in their interest to sell a fake worth £10-£15 if it was real.

A good website for learning to spot fakes is this one: Naming Styles on British War Medals & General Guide. Ebay is a good website to pick up British campaign stars, most for under £20 or so.

Hope this is some use to you

Cheers
    Tom

thank you Tom so i would assume that $ 42.23 canadian ( E 31.96 ) including the shipping wouldn't be such a great deal.

I've seen these at local militaria shows for $25.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'd say that a bit too much really. What about this one: 100% GENUINE FULL SIZE WW2 ITALY STAR, WITH FREE POSTAGE | eBay.

It says it ships to Canada for just C$3 making the medal including postage just over C$20. A much better deal

Do you have any other campaign stars or the war/defence medal? Because if not, the same seller has most of the other stars available and If you bought more than one at once, you'd save on postage and possibly get an extra war medal or 1939-1945 star for the price you were looking to pay for that Italy star alone. Just a thought

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Tom

The main reason I want to get some of the medals is because my Grandpa once bought a pen box full of ribbons (5 Canadian Volunteer Service Medals, 2 France and Germany Stars, and 2 1939-1945 Stars, three of these ribbons were mounted together) and I have always dreamed of buying each of the medals so i could hang them underneath the ribbons.

Best of luck getting the medals together then, the British medals are a really nice starter set to get you into medal collecting When you say you have the ribbons, do you just mean the ribbons alone without medals?

I've still got to get myself a Canadian Volunteer Service Medal to add to my British medals (I assume they are easier to get actually in Canada itself than over here in Blighty!). I've got all campaign stars except the Air Crew Europe which is £200+, The war and Defence medals, The South Africa service medal and the India service medal. I just need the Canadian, Australian and Newzealander medals and I've got the lot!

Let me know how you get on if you do decide to get any of them.

Cheers
    Tom

Here is some of the things to look at, it is the air crew star that is shown but it is still usefull so you dont end up bying a fake or a 1970´s replecment star.
    The Air Crew Europe Star, Copy? Fake? Original?
    ACE discussion

Here is a good place to buy from. https://www.dixonsmedals.co.uk/produ...roducts_id=630

wow thats a great sounding collection and yes i have just the ribbons with no medals :/ i wish you luck on getting the last ones on you list as for buying the medal you showed me I am generally very Leary about ebay

Here is my one if you want a comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with an Italy Star   help with an Italy Star  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast