MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

How does this look?

Article about: Was looking for different medals and found this, jsut struck me as it would be nice to have a couple from ww2 to go with the rest of my kit. I don't really know anything about British medals

Default How does this look?

Was looking for different medals and found this, jsut struck me as it would be nice to have a couple from ww2 to go with the rest of my kit. I don't really know anything about British medals, so it would be an impulse buy as it fits the time period of most of my collection. Any and all help would be appreciated, Thank you

Paul

This looks like it's frayed, is something missing from the top of the ribbon?

How does this look?

and the other pics

How does this look?How does this look?How does this look?How does this look?

One other question, what other awards would go with this? Say, for a typical Tommy who had seen the elephant. Would there be any campaign medals, or other awards for his service? Thanks again Oops, I forgot to say, it would be for the ETO

Paul

Default Re: How does this look?

It's a genuine 'War Medal', a British general service award for participants of WW2. Nice condition, I have one identical It's missing a bit of ribbon at the top. As for other awards, maybe a 39-45 star, or another campaign star for a theatre.

Cool set, thank you, I found a couple of star medals, the ribbons are a little longer than the first one. 30 USD for both, including shipping, seemed like a good deal hehe So this would put him in the ETO. I found a WW2 and a defence medal, both named. I was thinking about them

How does this look?

The ribbons look pretty shiny to me, but the medals themselves don't look too bad, and he almost has the same surname as me lol The asking price is 65 USD for these 2, is that a good deal?

How does this look?How does this look?How does this look?

$30 is a good price for the two stars, and $65 isn't bad at all for a pair of named medals from the same guy. and all perfect companions to the first medal.

That group I posted doesn't belong to me I just put it there to show the other medals you could wear with this.

ah, ok, thank you for the help I ordered the named set, so I think I have a nice companion piece to go with the impression I'm doing right now. All I need is a mannequin and I can show it off lol

$65 isnt a bad price at all. I have seen them sell on eBay here in Aus anywhere from $120 and up. I was lucky enough to win a named pair for $50 and I was ecstatic...lol.