Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

how to know a us medal is Official version or not?

Article about: do not know how to know this question. on internet seems have some business company or shop can reproduct us medal with your order. and reproduct ribbon bars. but for a collecter, i only wan

Default how to know a us medal is Official version or not?

do not know how to know this question. on internet seems have some business company or shop can reproduct us medal with your order.
    and reproduct ribbon bars.

but for a collecter, i only want buy official version, of cause if have medal's document(award book) will best.

who can teach me how to distinguish ? thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how to know a us medal is Official version or not?  

?

Default Re: how to know a us medal is Official version or not?

Usaully the ww2 or originals are pinback and the newer mades are clutch back to begin with. Also the metals they use in the restrikes and no where near the same as the ww2 compair some of the victory medals made during the war and the modern restrikes hope this helps

also quality usually is lacking in many aspect words wont be clear medal sizes will not be the right dimessions, look at ribbon style as mention also check for stranges types of metal light weight medal and color of the medal hopes this helps also remeber crimped brooch medal where not issued during ww2 and sloted brooch are all ww2 and pre ww2

In the pic above, the medal is indeed a modern crimped brooch type.
    The reverse is likely pinback, and the base could be maker marked
    'GRACO G-27', which are actually quite common for such a rarely
    awarded medal. I've read that original Navy Cross medals
    were made in three separate pieces.

The citation shown is not official 'as presented'. Today, these are
    rather fancy, printed in colour and not typed by machine.
    It's probably a copy of the original document.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how to know a us medal is Official version or not?   how to know a us medal is Official version or not?  

how to know a us medal is Official version or not?  
    Regards,

Steve.