Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...

Article about: Hi! I'm looking to purchase these from a local gentleman and would like some information from the experts here regarding what they are, whether or not they're authentic, and a general value

?

Default I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...

Hi! I'm looking to purchase these from a local gentleman and would like some information from the experts here regarding what they are, whether or not they're authentic, and a general value if you can determine from the photos (obviously I don't want to overpay). The medals are most intriguing to me since they are so tiny compared to the ribbon bars, but would love info on all pieces if possible...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...   I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...  

I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...  

Default Re: I need help Identifying these misc British decorations...

Hi, I cannot speak for the rest, but the medals are from WW1 and are the miniatures of the normal sized versions. The first is the 1914-15 Star, second is the War medal 1914-18 and finally you have the Victory medal 1914-19. These are all common items and don't cost much.
    Tom

The ribbon bar on the right is the WW2 US European Africa Middle Eastern medal.

The item on the chain looks like a fob watch ornament?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Tom, so the miniatures are more common than the full-size medals? Were they worn on the uniform in place of ribbon bars?

?

Hi Ade,

The ornament you're referring to has me stumped completely. Until I have a first-hand look at it I won't know any more than what you see in the photo. Chances are its nothing special, but then I've said that before and the item ended up being quite valuable.

Miniatures were worn on Mess dress or civilian clothes. These were private purchase items and not officially awarded. They are actually less common but not as valueable as the full sized medals.

Cheers, Ade.

Beat me to it Ade.
    Down here they are both very common medals. (I mean the full size and miniatures)
    Tom

12alpha
    ?

The ribbon above the ETO ribbon is the US Vietnam Service Medal service ribbon.