Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Australian medal group

Article about: Another fea market find a interesting Australian medal group with Radfan bar , its a shame its only the mini medals Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Interesting Australian medal group

Another fea market find a interesting Australian medal group with Radfan bar , its a shame its only the mini medals
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Australian medal group   Interesting Australian medal group  

Interesting Australian medal group  

Interesting medal group. The RAN were introducing the Westland Wessex into service around the time of the Radfan Campaign. Maybe this gent was attached to 815 Squadron RN on Centaur to get an understanding of RN Wessex operations. Only a guess though.

All the best

Dave

What's the name of the recipient I'll have a look on the AWM site re his WW2 service. If the group is Australian then I would think it should have the Korea Medal with the Korea UN Medal as these were awarded as a pair.

Sorry i dont have a name to go with them

I'm pretty sure it was possible to be awarded the UN Korea medal without being eligible for the Queen's Korea medal as well. the QKM was awarded for service in Korea, however the UN medal could be awarded for service up until 27th July 1954 (a year after the truce), or for 30 days service in a support role in Japan or elsewhere.

Sources: Medal Yearbook and British Queen's Korea Medal 1950 - 1953 & UN Korea Medal. Korean War