Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KIA Purple Heart

Article about: About to swap a few bits for this PH, what does everyone think? I think it looks ok but always good practie to get a second opinion. Sorry about the pics, not the best. thanks in advance

?

Default KIA Purple Heart

About to swap a few bits for this PH, what does everyone think? I think it looks ok but always good practie to get a second opinion. Sorry about the pics, not the best.

thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KIA Purple Heart   KIA Purple Heart  

?

Default Re: KIA Purple Heart

Looks good to me is it WW2 era?

?

Hello Adam, yes ww2 he was killed in france shortly after d-day. Theres a lot of paper work with it which sounds interesting ill post more when it comes

?

Can't wait to see it Rory

?

Rory know sod all about these awards!! except I wouldn't mind owning 1 one day!!!!.Thanks for the pictures..Cheers Terry.

?

Haha Terry in hand they are beauties i would highly recommend one. Its a must for ones collection. And if cased even better

?

Great item. Looks legit to me. The paperwork and the history behind it must make it a lot more interesting.

Cheers, Pat

?

Hey Pat, yes always good to put a name to the medal there easy enough to research to on ancestry. If only they named German eks eh

?

Yeah need to get my butt in gear..for 1 these medals..So much to collect I always get side tracked...lol..Cheers Terry.

Rory, can we get a better shot of the engraving? From the photo you showed, it looks like this is a later engraving, post WWII style, more of a 60's-70's style. The PH itself may be from WWII, but it looks as though the engraving may have been added after the fact, possibly as a new old stock used as a replacement for the veteran. Just my two cents.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast