Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

Article about: Hello everybody here is an older than usual medal we get on here!. It is a nicely named Crimea Medal with the Sebastopol clasp/bar..As my collecting takes me of in many angles I have decided

?

Nice looking medal Steve..Normally Royal Marines are not named but you seem to have 1 which is a bonus.....Nice looking medal as far as British Cmapagin Medals go...What's next ? Cheers Terry.

As far as British medals go, not sure - probably a RN Reserve LS
    or Royal Fleet Reserve. I like the look of these as well,
    and they are affordable. You.........?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.  
    Regards,

Steve.

The Victorian Brits have so Many superbly designed medals, it's very difficult to choose a favorite. I think I could quite easily go broke or insane(if such is still possible, of course...)trying to collect a specimen of each! If I Had to say, though....2 stand out as awesome. Top of the list, I think, are the Anglo-Zulu South African Campaign medals with the defending lion standing over a pile of Zulu spears and shields and followed a close second by an Almost British medal-the 1896 Rhodesia British South Africa Company Medal. Not Strictly British, I know, but the image of the huge enraged maned Lion with a spear in his chest and leaping to do battle is one of the best medal designs that I think I've ever seen.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Steve I don't think I have seen that medal before!! Looks good though...I will need to look into that 1. As for medals you could start a whole new field with British awards..Now my favourite medals have to be the MM Military medal,DCM Dis conduct medal & MC..all very nice looking medals & just about affordable...Maybe not the DCM..could cost a thousand pounds or more but the other 2 go for half decent prices..I will collect them slowly so watch this space over the next 30 years lol.. Cheers Terry.

Indeed, the MC is one of the most beautiful British awards.
    One I don't have as yet, at least not a genuine piece.

Before you know it, you'll end up with a tray full:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

There all ways one lol.. Love the collection Steve..MM is such a nice looker in my eyes.. Is yours marked up..?. WW1 too?...I need to get one for my collection .. So much to buy & not enough money lol... Thanks for showing a very impressive collection... Cheers Terry.
    p.s up close up's of the MM would be nice if you have time? Thanks again Terry.

Hi Terry. The MM is to: '165797 SPR. L/Cpl. A. (Alfred) Thornhill, R.E.'
    and he was with '2nd Field Survey Battalion, ( Stratford )'.
    I got this medal in a trade.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Steve a very nice medal indeed I do have a soft spot for these awards. I think they just look top dollar..with the very nice swing arm & the coloured ribbon. Thanks for showing very nice.. Cheers Terry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3