Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MC case WW1???.

Article about: Steve excellent photos there..I'm liking the look of that medal & case it compliments each other very well..You have an outstanding set there . Do you know who it is awarded too?.because

?

Default MC case WW1???.

Hello Everybody..

I am looking for some info on Military Cross holders for World War 1..I have this case I bought the other day "sorry about the photos" more coming at the weekend with better light. I have been told the case belonged to gentleman called BULLPIT from the Tank Corps.. Now I was thinking this info could be good or bad? So I wouldn't mind digging a bit more..So if any of you gents have any info that would super. I have had a quick look on Wiki but no joy there.. So any help would great Thanks Terry. MC case WW1???.MC case WW1???.MC case WW1???.MC case WW1???.

Perhaps it is only the lighting that makes it appear more
    'red' in the first pic, instead of a deeper purple, but it
    looks good.
    The inside has darkened some with age, which is ok
    as well. These can get rather pricey.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Steve I think it is just lighting.. hopefully during day light hours we will get some better shots??...I will be on the lookout for a Cross to go in there but for mean time I have a repro coming in the post. Chjheers Terry.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade.. that will keep me busy for a wee while....If I find anything I will post on here.. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry,

the only Bullpitt awarded an MC in WW1 was James Bullpitt MC, awarded for service with 1st MGC.
    Viewing Page 24 of Issue 31092
    There happens to have been a Bullpitt, who was an officer in the Tank Corps, but he was not awarded the MC!

Cheers,

Tom

But that is a generic MC case, you could claim it is anyone's , what are you basing the attribution on?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Steve I think it is just lighting.. hopefully during day light hours we will get some better shots??...I will be on the lookout for a Cross to go in there but for mean time I have a repro coming in the post. Chjheers Terry.
    Hi Terry. Down the road, you must be careful in choosing
    an authentic WWI MC - there are some killer repro's
    out there. The 'quality' copies do not have correct
    pinback devices and are usually seen with
    ribbon only.

I have one of these bogus crosses and paid more
    for the empty case to put it in. When time
    permits, I'll post it here.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Tom thanks for your help I will look at that page when I get a chance..?..Thanks again most appeiciated...

I'm not really based my attribution on anything the seller said was named to this chap Bullpit so I thought I would look dig around.I'm not bothered everway because I just wanted a case for my WW1 shelf.I do know the case could be anybodies?? but I thought it would nice if I could have a name.I still know this doesn't really change that I have an empty case..But I'm happy.

Steve if you could post those pictures that would be dab handy..& it might save me some money too Cheers Terry.

My case also appears 'red' but it's really a nice purple colour.

Among other things, the fine details of the medal are not as
    sharp as you would see on an original MC. ( I'm fortunate
    to have found an original pinback......... )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MC case WW1???.   MC case WW1???.  

MC case WW1???.   MC case WW1???.  

MC case WW1???.   MC case WW1???.  

Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast