Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MC Group

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents Here is my MC group I purchased the other day...The Medals are awarded to 2nd Lieutenant Percival James Bradley of the 8th Manchesters ( Asthon Territorials).. LG 26

?

Default MC Group

Hello Ladies & Gents

Here is my MC group I purchased the other day...The Medals are awarded to 2nd Lieutenant Percival James Bradley of the 8th Manchesters ( Asthon Territorials)..

LG 26/7/1918. Lieut PJ Bradley 'For conspicuous gallantry & devotion to duty. He was the only officer left when given charge of the rearguard,& his work during a most trying time was beyond all praise,& enabled the battalion & other units to get clear & reform again on a line behind. Subsequently he showed a magnificent example of courage & resource in taking command of men of other units who had lost their officers & organising them again. MC GroupMC GroupMC GroupMC GroupMC Group

?

This one didn't go with the others & I'm sorry for the sideway ones!!! It must this new laptop I'm using??? Cheers Terry. [ATTACH=CONFIG]783317 [/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MC Group  

Nice set Terry, I know you have been after an MC for a while. Is the MC engraved or unnamed as issued?

?

Excellent Group Terry !!

Very nice, was it more expensive than your MM group? I would like to get a similar group for a Welsh regiment, either MC or MM but I don't see them for sale and I assume they are quite pricey when they do turn up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

No name James.. As issued. The other 2 medals are named.. I think it is worth it if you can afford it going for a named medal that way you have some history behind it!!. But the problem being is that cost twice as much.. & I got told off the other day for calling it a set it is called a group!!! lol..Cheers Terry.

?

Yeah Jerry.. About 3 times as much, so you are talking over a grand for a group. But it can go up the sky is the limit depending who was awarded it.Cheers Terry.

?

Hello Paul didn't get to the Staffordshire Regiment Museum in the end it was shut over the Christmas period. So we went to Nottingham Castle instead. So no pictures of William Coltsman medals. Maybe Easter time!!! Sorry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Yeah Jerry.. About 3 times as much, so you are talking over a grand for a group. But it can go up the sky is the limit depending who was awarded it.Cheers Terry.
    A great piece of history and these do not go down in value, so worth it. If only I could persuade her indoors of the logic of buying such a group, in fact its almost criminal to not buy such as this, mind you if I did enlighten her as to the sound financial sense this makes and that the appreciation is probably better than any interest rate you could get on savings then perhaps........
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great group and lovely display!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast