MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Medals needing names

Article about: Gents Just picked these at the flea mkt. Can anyone tell me what they are and what years/era? Thanks Bob

Default Medals needing names

Gents
    Just picked these at the flea mkt. Can anyone tell me what they are and what years/era?

Thanks
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals needing names   Medals needing names  

?

Default Re: Medals needing names

The larger one on the right is a good conduct medal. Correct back pin. Looks good.

Matthew

HI, you have in order.... Army distinguished service medal, SIlver star, Legion of merit,missing medal, Distinguished flying cross, Air medal, and I believe the last is the new air force combat medal. So i would say they are very recent. The full size is the army good conduct medal. Hope this helps!

Joe

Quote by rube233 View Post
    HI, you have in order.... Army distinguished service medal, SIlver star, Legion of merit,missing medal, Distinguished flying cross, Air medal, and I believe the last is the new air force combat medal. So i would say they are very recent. The full size is the army good conduct medal. Hope this helps!

Joe
    Howdy Joe,

The last medal on the rack is actually for the old style Medal of Freedom. I believe this style, created by Truman in 1945,was replaced with the current model in the 1960's by JFK.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steve, you are correct, I failed to blow up the pic!

Joe

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    Gents
    Just picked these at the flea mkt. Can anyone tell me what they are and what years/era?

Thanks
    Bob
    Bob,

The awards would indicate WWII service (and possibly after as well) with the M.O.F. in the mix. IF this is a legitimate bar and not one pieced together by someone, it may be possible to narrow the recipient down to a very few based on the inclusion of said medal. In any case, the recipient would almost certainly have been a General officer with post war contributions in a certain area that may have qualified them for this award.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Where would I find the missing medal?

Would be cool to find its Hap Arnolds or some such. LOL

Any Idea on the submarine?

Hi Congratulations on a fine purchase - for more information, why not go back to the source of your purchase and work back the way to establish who earned the medals ( rather than who owns the medal - some messy divorces have led to wifes winning 100% of a veterans' equity including medals.) All the best of wishes on your research, it would be nice to tie up the medals with their original owners.

kind regards

Shuggymac

How do we know pieced together from real medal bars? Does anyone have the mini L.O.M medal I could purchase to complete this bar?

Bob