Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Metals awarded to Lt.Col J.Dean RA MBE DSO DCM - Can you identify ? Singapore / India WW2 British POW 125th Anti-Tank Regiment / 74th Northumbria Field Artillery Sunderland England

Article about: Hello . I was wondering you anyone is able help identify these metals / medal ribbons for me. I have recently acquired a number of items owned by the late Lt.Col James Dean RA DSO, MBE, DCM

Quote by Fenham View Post
    Hi
    You have just made my day and I cannot express how excited I am.
    I would very much like to contact you via email but have just registered so that I can contact you in the first place and am not sure how to go about it.

You have just placed items up that we all thought had gone forever, did you buy them at an auction in Newcastle by any chance. Lt Col James Dean was my Great Uncle Jim, I can confirm this privately with you but don't want to put it up for public view.
    Hello!

Pleasure to meet you. I've been researching your Great Uncle for the past 4 months. What a great man he was, as I'm sure would agree.

My next step was to locate a family member to discuss his past. Including a trip to Powburn Gardens in Fenham, where I believe he was once located. To hear from a close relative so soon in the journey has made my day to say the least.

Please feel free to email be at gillanbell@hotmail.com (that's gillan rather than gillian). I would love to hear from you.

Kind Regards, Gillan Bell. (Mr)

A cracking group by the sound of it Gil. I'd love to see what you have of the mans items, head gear and uniforms in particular.

Great to see you appear to have been fund by a member of his family, though remember that it was possibly other members of his family that got rid of his items in the first place. Perhaps there is a story there to be told?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A cracking group by the sound of it Gil. I'd love to see what you have of the mans items, head gear and uniforms in particular.

Great to see you appear to have been fund by a member of his family, though remember that it was possibly other members of his family that got rid of his items in the first place. Perhaps there is a story there to be told?
    Thanks for the interest. I will be soon revealing the entire lot when I next get a moment.

Do stay tuned.

Regards, Gil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2