Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

More info needed

Article about: Hey I was wondering if these medals were given to fallen soldiers or every soldier who served in the Netherlands. I can't seem to find much about them. Thanks in advance.

?

Default More info needed

Hey I was wondering if these medals were given to fallen soldiers or every soldier who served in the Netherlands. I can't seem to find much about them. Thanks in advance.
    More info needed

It looks a bit cheap and tacky to be given to fallen soldiers NOK, Perhaps more of a tourist item than an official issue.

?

From what I was able to find the Netherlands presented them to Canadian ww2 Vets in the early 2000's for the sacrifice of the 6000 Canadian soldiers in the liberation of their country. If you google Canadian Thank You medal you will find different images of specific soldiers they were issued to. As well if you google Canadian Vets you will see them wearing this medal. Like I said I was just wondering if they were given to all or what, but as far as cheap and tacky I think not.

Quote by philly View Post
    Hey I was wondering if these medals were given to fallen soldiers or every soldier who served in the Netherlands.
    yes you are correct, Issued by the netherlands 5 or so years ago if memory serves, to all canadians who helped in the liberation of the netherlands.

im positive it would have had to be applied for ect at the time of issue.

Nice looking commemorative medal.