Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Muslim decoration/medal and unknown pin

Article about: I have been in the process of identifying the collection of items my grandfather brought back during time in World War II. I have been unable to identify two of the items and was hoping some

sgtpppr84
    ?

Default Muslim decoration/medal and unknown pin

I have been in the process of identifying the collection of items my grandfather brought back during time in World War II. I have been unable to identify two of the items and was hoping someone here might know.

First is a 4-piece medal/decoration that shows a Muslim star and crescent on the bottom piece. I know my grandfather spent time in northern Africa so it could be from that region. The second item is a straight pin that has a crown at the top with a black/yellow/red striped piece hanging below that. I have attached pictures but apologize for the quality as they are from my camera phone since I am without my regular camera.

Any information or suggestions will be very much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muslim decoration/medal and unknown pin   Muslim decoration/medal and unknown pin  

Default Re: Muslim decoration/medal and unknown pin

funny, i didnt know medals had religions : ) haha just kidding with you

anyway, i dont recognize either of these things, but im pretty sure that they arent military decorations. the 4-piece medal is definately representative of something north african. the star and crescent at the bottom are for Algeria IMO.

do you know what unit your grandfather was in? this could help us out.

welcome to the forum by the way!