Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My latest French medal group

Article about: This is my latest buy, it spans from Lebanon in the 70's to Service in the Yugoslavian war in the 90's. It is a pretty interesting group and the medals may be not be rare but you do not find

Default My latest French medal group

This is my latest buy, it spans from Lebanon in the 70's to Service in the Yugoslavian war in the 90's. It is a pretty interesting group and the medals may be not be rare but you do not find modern groups too often on the market. This soldier was in infantry I wonder if it is possible he may have been in the French Foreign Legion? If he was wouldn't be be entitled to a Legion Etrangere clasp ?

Anway enjoy!My latest French medal groupMy latest French medal group

Nice grouping, you may be correct in that a Legion Etrangere bar would have been worn if a Legion veteran. If so it would have been worn on the center medal IMO. Irregardless still a nice rack. The Medaille D'outre Mer has an interesting history and lineage back to the Colonial Medal which, is an area of collecting by itself.
    Best
    Jack

The Medaille D'outre Mer and Colonial medal are too majorly vast areas within themselves where a whole hobby can be built around collection different variations and clasps, each clasp has tells a different story of the old empire all the way up to modern missions around the world. This is my first Over seas medal and personally I would only be interested in collecting them when they are already mounted in a grouping, too many people like to add clasp and I think it kind of cheapens the medal when people do this IMO anyway.

Nice medals

Very nice grouping.
    chris

Thanks, I actually just sold this medal group and bought some Indochina war badges.