Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.

Article about: Thought I would post a few medals from my collection. Of course they are not both to the same man (no one could be given both medals). The 1914 star with bar was issued to "29274 PNR:P.

Talking My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.

Thought I would post a few medals from my collection. Of course they are not both to the same man (no one could be given both medals). The 1914 star with bar was issued to "29274 PNR:P. RAYMOND. R.E." and the 1914-15 star was issued to "T4-085411. PTE. F. BERRY. A.S.C." Does anyone know what PNR:P means? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.   My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.  

My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.   My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.  

Pioneer and his first initial.

Cheers, Tom

Pnr-Pioneer, the 'P' would be his initial.

MIC's:

My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.

Berry's SWB record:

I've got to go out, but I quickly saw that Raymond's pension records are available. I'll download them later if I have a chance.

Cheers, Tom

?

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Thought I would post a few medals from my collection. Of course they are not both to the same man (no one could be given both medals). The 1914 star with bar was issued to "29274 PNR:P. RAYMOND. R.E." and the 1914-15 star was issued to "T4-085411. PTE. F. BERRY. A.S.C." Does anyone know what PNR:P means? Thanks in advance!

Nice pair of WWI medals mmate.

As regards the question of what does "PNR: P" mean it's simply his rank and first initial, "PNR" being a standard army abbreviation for Pioneer and "P" being the initial of his first name in just the same way as "PTE", or Private, is the rank of the other medal recipient.

Therefore the medals were issued to:

(service number) 29274
    (rank) PIONEER
    (first initial) P
    (surname) RAYMOND
    (Corps/Regt) RE (Royal Engineers)

(service number) T4 - 985411
    (rank) Pte (PRIVATE)
    (first initial) F
    (surname) BERRY
    (Corps/Regt) ASC (Army Service Corps)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

** Beaten to it!!
    Last edited by jimpy; 01-25-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Addition

Hi Chaps, here's my 1914 Star Trio with it's SWB. Sadly George Wills didn't get or claim the '14 bar,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My "Mons" star with bar and 1914-15 medal.  

Thank you all very much! Thorne83 and Jimpy it was very nice of you to get this information for me!

- - ------- - -

Very nice trio Richard!

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Thank you all very much! Thorne83 and Jimpy it was very nice of you to get this information for me!

- - ------- - -

Very nice trio Richard!
    Cheers No1canuk, I was lucky to re-unite them. I bought the SWB & shoulder title from the family & the trio many years later from a local shop! Very lucky! Cheers, Richard.

Wow! It is not often that you are able to reunite medals. A lucky break I suppose. A good feeling I'm sure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast