Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery 'malaya' emergency medallion/award

Article about: Hi folks hope your enjoying the sun. After 3 days of research and tearign my hair out I have to throw myself upon those who may know better and hope that someone can help me solve this puzzl

Default Mystery 'malaya' emergency medallion/award

Hi folks hope your enjoying the sun.
    After 3 days of research and tearign my hair out I have to throw myself upon those who may know better and hope that someone can help me solve this puzzle. Amongst a collection of silver watch fobs I was asked to dispose of for someone I discovered this item. Clearly it is not a watch fob and the mystery gets deeper.

It is solid silver and guilloche enamel and hallmarked London 1952 and clearly has a Kings Crown. Putting on my antique dealers hat I would add that the use of guilloche enamel is a sign of a quality item, but that doesnt help me solve what it actually is or who it was issued by.

Across the whole range of Malay badges/medals & insignia I can find no reference to the crossed kris used in conjunction with a British crown, only with the later Malayan crown with the cresent and star at the top.

The way the mounting ring is set on the back would indicate to me that it was intended to be worn on a ribbon around the neck like an award, but I could be wrong. It weighs 22 gram which is quite heavy.

Any thoughts or suggestions woudl be most welcome

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery 'malaya' emergency medallion/award   Mystery 'malaya' emergency medallion/award  

I would still go with the watch fob idea.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The suspension ring is the wrong way for neck wear imo. No idea what it is, possibly a commemorative that even with the loop was not to be worn, I have some spirts medals of my dads and they have the same sort of loops but apart maybe from a ribbpn on presentation they were then placed on a pin board perhaps
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.