Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Navy EAME Campaign Award - US Mint

Article about: Here is one of 4 US Campaign Service awards I picked up today. These are cheap and common but something I've been neglecting to purchase until recently. A nice clean Navy example with box, r

MAP
    ?

Default Navy EAME Campaign Award - US Mint

Here is one of 4 US Campaign Service awards I picked up today.

These are cheap and common but something I've been neglecting to purchase until recently.

A nice clean Navy example with box, ribbon bar and lapel pin

Maker is US Mint. As to when it was issued I don't know. Still learning

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Dwight D, got his in '47, everyone else was after that. Took quite a while to catch up with some who earned them. I typically find them with full sets of awards and paperwork.

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Dwight D, got his in '47, everyone else was after that. Took quite a while to catch up with some who earned them. I typically find them with full sets of awards and paperwork.
    Thanks John...still learning these and making some rookie mistakes along the way. I know they were all issued post war and that it took a while. I'm just trying to stay away from re-issue/replacement/re-strikes. These are quite common so any rookie mistakes don't break the bank. Plus, they are all "real" awards.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

Another fine example and in my opinion the US Mint made medals are the cleanest, crispest, most finely detailed medals. They are desirable and again complete in box which is a bonus. I believe these were manufactured after WW2. The USMC and USCG marked US Mint boxes for these medals are very hard to find and somewhat rarer than the US Navy versions, BUT.. Still a great pickup...

A forum member on the US Militaria Forum who goes by the handle TimB had this to say "in June 1946, the US Mint was only manufacturing the American Defense Service and WW2 Victory Medals. The Asiatic-Pacific and EAME Campaign Medals were still in the design process".

Another link to another topic about US Mint medals..

WWII campaign medals – USMC – USN – USCG – US Mint - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Smitty

MAP
    ?

More great info Smitty! thanks!

Good thing there smalls.... I don’t know where you are going to put anything else.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Good thing there smalls.... I don’t know where you are going to put anything else.

Marty
    Yes...I do not really have any more room. But I do have wall space and plan to put these in shadow boxes and hang them up (eventually)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes...I do not really have any more room. But I do have wall space and plan to put these in shadow boxes and hang them up (eventually)
    Trip to hobby lobby but not on Sunday.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Trip to hobby lobby but not on Sunday.
    My son already got me one for Christmas!!!!

Again lovely Mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast