Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Northern Ireland GSM to Private in the LI

Article about: Recently purchased a GSM with NI bar to a private in the Light Infantry. I have tried a few looks online but seeing how as this is an older medal was wondering if there was a a way to search

I emailed the Museum in Winchester. Hopefully they can help or provide me with some information on the soldier.

Was anyone able to turn up anything?

Sorry, I can't find anything out.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sorry, I can't find anything out.
    I wanted to let you know I purchased your book. Reading it right now!

Quote by jdamaso1111 View Post
    I wanted to let you know I purchased your book. Reading it right now!
    I hope that you enjoy it. My avatar is the cover of my new book which is due out next spring. The new book contains the testimonies of around 20 of my former comrades, and it is totally different from the original - which was purely based on my diaries. I'm currently working on another book which is about Pte Smallshaw of the Accrington Pals battalion. That is due for publication on the 100th anniversary of the battle of the Somme.

If you would like a signed dedication card for your copy of my book just drop me a PM with your contact details and home address.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I hope that you enjoy it. My avatar is the cover of my new book which is due out next spring. The new book contains the testimonies of around 20 of my former comrades, and it is totally different from the original - which was purely based on my diaries. I'm currently working on another book which is about Pte Smallshaw of the Accrington Pals battalion. That is due for publication on the 100th anniversary of the battle of the Somme.

If you would like a signed dedication card for your copy of my book just drop me a PM with your contact details and home address.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    PM'd you sir thank you.

No response from the museum in Winchester so im at a stale mate on this one right now.

Also when I search the service number on forces war records it brings me to a blank page with nothing on it so I don't know if the site is glitching. Could someone look and see if the number shows up for them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2