Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Purple Heart medal.

Article about: Hi, i picked up this purple heart medal today, i know it is not in the best of conditions but it is an original numbered one, i read the ones with Ser No,s was before 1932 in the first 600,0

Default Purple Heart medal.

Hi,
    i picked up this purple heart medal today, i know it is not in the best of conditions but it is an original numbered one, i read the ones with Ser No,s was before 1932 in the first 600,000.
    as you can see the Ser No is 190200, any info is appreciated.
    Dave.Purple Heart medal.Purple Heart medal.Purple Heart medal.

Default Re: Purple Heart medal.

Hi panzer \
    this purple heart was most likely made between the late 1942 to about 1943 by rex product company !! ones that where five digits and less went to ww1 vets these where ph 1 through about 60000 the others 60000 through 100,000 where issued early war between 1939 to 1941 many went to ww1 vets still applying for their medals but some where early war casualties !! your was most likely issued early 1943 if i was buying or selling this piece it would be listed at about 55 dollars because of condition and lack of box !! if you want more info or want to sell shot me a pm thanks sean

Hi, Sean,
    thanks for the info, i really appreciate it, im glad someone know a bit about them, this is the first iv had with the Ser, No there are many without, i maybe intouch soon.
    Dave,

Alright dave and no problem i will be weighting for your pm and the ones with out serial are very common i have a few nice numbered ones and 2 named ones i love purple hearts a lot and i preserve them for the future !!!