MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W

Article about: Another Heart which I no longer have. It now resides in the collection of a dear friend. ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 35009907 NAME DOBOSY FRANK C RESIDENCE: STATE 53 OHIO RESIDENCE: COUNTY 093 LORAIN

Arrow Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W

Another Heart which I no longer have. It now resides in the collection of a dear friend.

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 35009907 NAME DOBOSY FRANK C RESIDENCE: STATE 53 OHIO RESIDENCE: COUNTY 093 LORAIN PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 5323 CLEVELAND OHIO DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 14 14 DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 02 02 DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 41 41 GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private GRADE: CODE 8 Private BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA FIELD USE AS DESIRED # # TERM OF ENLISTMENT 0 Undefined Code LONGEVITY ### ### SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life NATIVITY 53 OHIO YEAR OF BIRTH 15 15 RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen EDUCATION 4 4 years of high school CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 284 Janitors and sextons MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men) CARD NUMBER # # BOX NUMBER 0881 0881 FILM REEL NUMBER 3.303 3.303
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W

Thanks to Gill Sannow on another forum for taking the time to take these photos of the grave and family home in the following posting.

This is at Calvary Cemetery, North Ridge Road, Lorain, OH.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Newspaper notice.
    Attached Images Attached Images Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Where Frank grew up...
    Attached Images Attached Images Purple Heart - TEC4 Frank C. Dobosy, US Army, WW II, D.O.W 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This is the display that I made for the Heart,

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I really like that you added a picture of his house very nice and personal touch !
    thank you

Quote by Steven M View Post
    This is the display that I made for the Heart,
    Steve,
    You do magnificant work. A wonderful tribute to the fallen soldier. My hats off to you and I am sure he is looking down at this moment with pride knowing that his memory is in good hands.

Terry

I really like that you added a picture of his house very nice and personal touch !
    thank you
    Thank you Cobra.

Steve,
    You do magnificant work. A wonderful tribute to the fallen soldier. My hats off to you and I am sure he is looking down at this moment with pride knowing that his memory is in good hands.

Terry
    Thank you Sir. I am humbled by your sentiments.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

TAD
    ?

Steve,
    I found this Purple Heart while I was searching our family relative, Frank Dobosy. I was impressed that you put together such a beautiful tribute for him. But I was surprised that such an honor as the Purple Heart did not stay in the Dobosy family. Frank was my father-in-law's uncle and I would like to know if I could purchase the heart so that he could keep it in the family? Please let me know what I could do. Thank You.

Really nice display Steven!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast