Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Purple Heart WW2 cased

Article about: by Greenhorn Forum friends[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 284530[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH] As you know, this is a Purple Heart an my example is in good condition and it'

Default Re: Purple Heart WW2 cased

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Forum friends[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 284530[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

As you know, this is a Purple Heart an my example is in good condition and it's in a minty case. They came together and the award is engraved by the military as they were for KIA soldiers. Surviving recipients were awarded with ungraved Purple Hearts. As I stated on a different thread, the name will be covered. He was a Lt. as shown and he was KIA in Japan 1945. Enjoy the pics.

Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info on engraving, I did not know that

Hi, reneblacky

I hope the holidays have been good to you!
    My pleasure, reference the info, I researched this medal prior to purchase and this was one of the pages I found. The navy borrowed army medals (type 3) as was stated. Neat info!!

Green

Quote by Soviet View Post
    Very nice! I recently bought one in a coffin box, no S/N or name, for $35!! It came with a lapel pin(?) also.
    Ahh so ya call them coffin boxes, again I didn't know that! Thanks and how obvious!!! and it is a lapel pin.
    To be honest I treated this medal as a wound medal not a KIA one! but my eyes are much more open wider about this coveted award.
    I have deep respect for my miniature and my cased one.

reneblacky

I also did not know the PH was given for KIA soldiers until I began to dig for info. I thought it was a wound medal also. So much education per every piece we collect! Too much fun my friend. I didn't call it a coffin box but I could see it being a fit.

Green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12