Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or fake ww1

Article about: Argh confused lol!

Default Real or fake ww1

Hi guys I'm more of an axis award collector however I've had this quite a while, can I ask you to give it a look over and tell me is she real or a fake? Much appreciated thanks for your time guys!Attachment 421907Attachment 421908Attachment 421909

Default Re: Real or fake ww1

Original medal to the LONDON RIFLES. One of a probable trio to the same guy,the other two which are missing would be the BRITISH WAR MEDAL and VICTORY MEDAL.

I just compared it with my original 1914-15 star. IMO, it's a fake. The thickness doesn't match up with the way mine is, the engraving on the back doesn't look right, and unless it's a trick on the eyes, the medal looks like it's bent, almost like it was made out of a cheaper quality type metal. I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion on it.

Alex

I've got them, except they where my grandads uncles and are stamped South Wales borderers. Thanks I was concerned by the fact it appears to be pitted in places but I guess this is just a flaw in the manufacturing or the award showing its age? Thanks though I feel relieved lol!

Oh it is slightly curved but not by much....

You will often find that WW1 stars are marked up to a different regiment to the other two medals in the group as soldiers were transfered from one unit to another due to either returning to duty from being wounded and their previous unit had been made up to full strenth or the complete opposite,their unit was so badly decimated in action that the remnants were re-deployed to strenthen another regiment.

Ok so far 1 real 1 fake.......don't know wether to write it off or keep it on......

His medal card
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake ww1  

Quote by Davidcwjones View Post
    Ok so far 1 real 1 fake.......don't know wether to write it off or keep it on......
    It is not a fake,regimental unit stampings can vary slightly on WW1 medals,thats not an issue with this one,the curve is not an issue either,that is quite common.The ribbon is most certainly period and not a replacement,the only thing that may be wrong is that this guy may have been entitled to an AUG-SEPT bar on the ribbon but they are commonly missing. THIS MEDAL IS FINE.

So nothing next to star, guess its fake thanks guys appreciate it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast