Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real WWII purple heart????

Article about: Hi, i've found this with a fair price. Can you tell me if this one is a WWII era Purple Heart, or post war one???

Default Real WWII purple heart????

Hi,

i've found this with a fair price.

Can you tell me if this one is a WWII era Purple Heart, or post war one???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real WWII purple heart????   Real WWII purple heart????  

Default Re: Real WWII purple heart????

It is a WWII-era Heart. Is there a number on the lower rim portion of the medal?

As an aside, WWII production Hearts were awarded during the Korean War, Vietnam War, and believe it or not, during the current War in the Iraq/Afghanistan (in limited numbers).
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I don't think that its numbered.

The only information that the dealer offered is that its a WWII slot broach Purple Heart.

Can i ask you:
    Does it worth U$ 65,00 (not named or numbered)????

Looks like a good WWII era "PH" to me too......!

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by fpicoli View Post
    I don't think that its numbered.

The only information that the dealer offered is that its a WWII slot broach Purple Heart.

Can i ask you:
    Does it worth U$ 65,00 (not named or numbered)????
    Though not overpriced. I think you can do better honestly. Personally, I would pay a little more for one that is cased with the ribbon bar.

The name of the manufacturer of this style heart escapes me at the moment, but their product was not as clean and crisp as some other producers during WWII.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks, guys!

It was very helpful.

Fábio

Thanks, guys!

It was very helpful.

Maybe i'll wait a little more to find a cased one
    (once i've found one for U$80,00, but i lost the oportunity to buy in a matter of minutes!!!.....It happens!).

Or, i could buy it and, once i find a cased one, i could sell it here in Brazil, where i can get a excelent price.

Fábio

Hi again!

Doing a little search i've found a cased one this morning.

This one also is numbered.

This one has a flat purple enamel. The other one i think the heart was made of plastic.

What do you think? Also WWII????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real WWII purple heart????   Real WWII purple heart????  

Real WWII purple heart????   Real WWII purple heart????  

Real WWII purple heart????  

THIS is what you want if looking for a clean representative example of the Purple Heart. The enamel, numbered examples are earlier than the plastic insert (both are WWII-era). Some, but not many of the #'d PH's can be traced through General Orders stored in Maryland. However, if you have no name or unit, then it is not possible.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi,
    Well learn something everyday I say, thanks Steve you have taught me about the number on the lower rim. I was offered one not long ago, so will have another look at it now, it is still on offer. I know nothing about U.S. medals.
    dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast