MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Scots ww1 medal pair fea market find

Article about: Picked up these ww1 medals to a guy who served with the Royal Scots in ww1 came also with the other items

Default Royal Scots ww1 medal pair fea market find

Picked up these ww1 medals to a guy who served with the Royal Scots in ww1 came also with the other items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Scots ww1 medal pair fea market find   Royal Scots ww1 medal pair fea market find  

Royal Scots ww1 medal pair fea market find  

CBH
    ?

Nice group .

?

Very nice, especially with the photos, etc. That makes a common pair stand out from the crowd.

BobS

kc1
    ?

The fact that they are not mounted for wear makes me think casualty. If anyone here has access to ancestry or the like they could look up the medal index card and or service record. If you are so minded you could join and do this they usually have a free two weeks but you have to register and give card details, just cancel in time.

?

Or you could just look up a casualty on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website. I cant quite read the details.

Oz

Indeed likely a casualty This might be him- what is the service number on the edge of the medals?

CWGC - Casualty Details

?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Indeed likely a casualty This might be him- what is the service number on the edge of the medals?

CWGC - Casualty Details
    Don't think that's him as the number on the box is 8371 and above that is his new number 335683.

To me loose medals in a box just means he wasn't interested in wearing them or didn't go on postwar parades in civvies.

Tony

8371 is his service number as ynot has put i think he just wanted to forget the war so never mounted the medal for wear