Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Silver star medal...usa..

Article about: I picked this one up, this medal was one of the hardest medals to find...( if you dont live in the usa) this one is numbered 114689 with a full wrap around brooch, Army type pin, what i can

Default Silver star medal...usa..

I picked this one up, this medal was one of the hardest medals to find...( if you dont live in the usa)
    this one is numbered 114689 with a full wrap around brooch, Army type pin, what i can work out it was awarded in the last 3 months of 1943...if anyone knows anything about these please jump in...can these be researched??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver star medal...usa..   Silver star medal...usa..  

Silver star medal...usa..  

?

Default Re: Silver star medal...usa..

Darren. Another nice example of a harder to find medal. Your one has the "Victory Medal" Style wrap brooch, similar to the Navy type but with a different catch. It may be possible to trace the recipient if the medal number is on the General Order but I'm not sure how to go about it. Bear in mind that the medal could have been awarded as late as the Vietnam War.

?

Default Re: Silver star medal...usa..

Very nice set Darren i think i have a guys email address who has a website and collects us groups

he will know if you can research it or not.

Ill look in my contacts and send you a pm now