Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Silver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell Company

Article about: Was looking for a unboxed Silver Star but saw this complete set and well...you know how it goes. A great minty WW2 example with Oaks and a slot brooch. Complete with Coffin Case, lapel pin a

MAP
    ?

Default Silver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell Company

Was looking for a unboxed Silver Star but saw this complete set and well...you know how it goes.

A great minty WW2 example with Oaks and a slot brooch. Complete with Coffin Case, lapel pin and ribbon bar.

On the reverse there was a small triangle with an "I" on the suspension hanger. A little digging confirmed that this was the maker mark for Irons & Russell Company.

Still need to purchase a loose example to display with my other awards.... LoL

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very Nice , As yours is maker marked does it have a serial number on the bottom edge like my Baily Banks & Biddle version ? Regards Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Very Nice , As yours is maker marked does it have a serial number on the bottom edge like my Baily Banks & Biddle version ? Regards Paul
    Thanks!

No. This one is not marked. From what I have read...(and I am NOT an expert) only BB&B's are serial numbered.

Here is my WW1 BB&B

Silver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell CompanySilver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster - Irons & Russell Company

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice BB&B! As mine has the same brooch fitting as yours I assume mine is of the same era ( awarded WW1as a citation, medal retrospectively issued from 1932) regards,Paul

MAP
    ?

I remember doing some research on the rim number making that the most likely answer and it matched the "story" from the picker who found it in at family estate sale.

Ah..

So you did pick it up.. I am glad to hear that it went to you.. It wasn't too much more than what you were willing to pay,.. I think you did quite well.. Congrats on another great cased medal..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Ah..

So you did pick it up.. I am glad to hear that it went to you.. It wasn't too much more than what you were willing to pay,.. I think you did quite well.. Congrats on another great cased medal..

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty

l did over pay as a % but the $ amount was the cost of a lunch..so it wasn't too painful and it's a nice example so I didn't mind.

Thanks for your help again .