Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Special National Defense Medal.

Article about: I am sharing an American National Defense medal. It was likely made within the last six months. I recently bought a new one and it had two clutch pins for attachment. This has a normal style

Default A Special National Defense Medal.

I am sharing an American National Defense medal. It looks to have been made in May of 2016. I recently bought a new one and it had two clutch pins for attachment. This has a normal style pin clasp. Not sure why the difference, but this one was sent by the Army.
    Why it is special, to my family, is that my wife's father enlisted in the Army in 1964 and served until receiving an honorable discharge in 1966. He served during Vietnam, but not in Vietnam.
    He passed away last March.
    I had gotten his DD-214 from the Veterans Administration because we wanted to see if he was eligible for military honors. He was proud of his service and we wanted it to be a part of his ceremony.
    I noticed that under his awards and citations, there was nothing listed other than his marksmanship award.
    I filed to have his record corrected to get him the National Defense medal he deserved, unfortunately posthumously and 51 years late.
    It arrived a couple days ago and this is it. It is in it's wrapper where it will remain, untouched.
    Thank you for reading, and looking.

MAP
    ?

Very nice. And a great job in getting your late father-in-law the awards he deserved.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice. And a great job in getting your late father-in-law the awards he deserved.
    Thanks!