Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Strange italian Al valore militare medal

Article about: Hello everyone I have in my small collection of ww2 medals a strange italian medal. It is the medal for military valour (Al valore militare in bronzo) but not the usual one with the Kingdom

Default Strange italian Al valore militare medal

Hello everyone
    I have in my small collection of ww2 medals a strange italian medal. It is the medal for military valour (Al valore militare in bronzo) but not the usual one with the Kingdom of Italy coat of arms, but one that has the gladius encircled by a laurel wreath. It looks like a RSI Italian medal but there are obvious differences in the representation of the gladius, the writing and so on. I wanted to ask you if my medal is a fake or a post-war copy. Is is worth keeping?
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange italian Al valore militare medal   Strange italian Al valore militare medal  

imo it's the fascist issued one.

I'd be very glad if the medal was original. Many similar items (like the one below) are still different in manufacture and I have never seen an identical medal with my own.
    Attached Images Attached Images Strange italian Al valore militare medal 

MAP
    ?

I have one of the non RSI versions. Still not sure if mine is pre 45 or a later piece made for vets. Very little info I could find. Yours definitely looks different, even the suspension ring. What is the size? I know there were mini version with this type of ring.

May want to pm medalman90. He seemed to know a bit about these as he commented on mine.

Link is here...

Italian Medaglia Al Valore Militare