Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?

Article about: By request I have been asked to repost my recently purchased SWB cap badge here as there is quite the controversy over the originality of the SWB brewing right now so it was thought best tha

?

Default South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?

South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?By request I have been asked to repost my recently purchased SWB cap badge here as there is quite the controversy over the originality of the SWB brewing right now so it was thought best that I repost it here were I should have in the first place to see if any one else would like to share there opinion on the subject.

Regards Mark K

Default Re: SWB cap badge is it real or fake ?

Sadly, I know nothing at all about these badges. This one is actually the 1st I've ever come across! But,I have to ask....and I'm trying to be "decent" here, and,no,I'm not being sarcastic...but is the sphinx Supposed to have a well endowed bust? Isn't the real sphinx supposed to depict a Male pharaoh? Sorry,guys, but if I Knew,I wouldn't ask! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: SWB cap badge is it real or fake ?

From what I have heard from other members were I originaly posted this badge my understanding is that yes the sphinx is supposed to be well endowed.The original thread is called (Todays find many Items ) The actual name of the Regiment that this badge belongs to is the South Wales Border Regiment and my understanding so far is that it is an Egyptian commemorative badge .And that so far is all I know as I had never seen this badge before myself I had purchased it more as a curiosity as I found it quite interesting and it was a nice piece I thought it would make a good research project.

Regards Mark K

Default Re: South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?

Hi Mark, it is fine and original.

The sphinx commemorates service in Egypt during the Napoleonic War. British cap badges often tell a story of the Regiments service in earlier wars.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: South Wales Borderes cap badge is it real or fake ?

Thanks Ade I could not believe that this little badge caused such a ruckus I should have posted it in the right place to start with I apologize . Is there any way to date this badge back to when it was maufactured or do you have an ideal when it would have been issued ie.. 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, I assume the badge would have been wore on a beret ? Do you know by chance what color beret the regiment used .

Regards Mark K