Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss WW 1 & WW2 badges

Article about: Hallo Freunde.. Here i have some more antique swiss army stuff that belonged to my grandfather. One is a badge with the swiss flag in shield-form and some dates that correspond more or less

Default Swiss WW 1 & WW2 badges

Hallo Freunde..
    Here i have some more antique swiss army stuff that belonged to my grandfather.

One is a badge with the swiss flag in shield-form and some dates that correspond more or less to the WW 1 era... curiously it says 1914-1919 (not 1918 as one could expect), and the numbre of some battalion.

the second one is easy: it shows a metal badge from 1940 of a swiss soldier with helmet, on the back it says "SOLDATENWEIHNACHT" (soldierĀ“s christmas) in the four oficial languagaes (german, french, italian & raeto-roman). Surely my grandpa got it when he was in " active duty" guarding the border against the evil germans..

Hope you like them..

Swiss  WW 1 & WW2 badges

Swiss  WW 1 & WW2 badges

kc1
    ?

Default Re: Swiss WW 1 & WW2 badges

The First World War didn't actually finish until 1919, there was an armistice from 11-11-1918, that is the shooting will stop whilst we have a think about this, but peace didn't breakout until the treaty was signed at Versailles which led to the Nazi partys slogan about being stabbed in the back at Versailles and their justification for demands on Poland the Rheinland etc.

Default Re: Swiss WW 1 & WW2 badges

Quote by kc1 View Post
    The First World War didn't actually finish until 1919, there was an armistice from 11-11-1918, that is the shooting will stop whilst we have a think about this, but peace didn't breakout until the treaty was signed at Versailles which led to the Nazi partys slogan about being stabbed in the back at Versailles and their justification for demands on Poland the Rheinland etc.

i did not know that, thanx for that interesting info..
    dan