Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

two different Mexican Border Medals in a group?

Article about: Which raises the question as to what this is exactly-bought it a few years ago...

Default two different Mexican Border Medals in a group?

Just got this grouping with two different Mexican Border Medals with different ribbons and numbers. How does that work? Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two different Mexican Border Medals in a group?  

Default Re: two different Mexican Border Medals in a group?

DerKel,
    One is Mexican Boarder Service Medal and the other is a Spanish American War Service Medal, Looks like he may have been assigned to 3rd Division during WWI.
    Regards,
    John

John,
    I think he was just referring to the two medals on the suspension ribbons. I would only guess that he got one from his friends, Brothers or a replacement, ending up with two. Great grouping. It's very unusual to have 6 battle stars on a WWI Victory medal. I have a full size medal with 6 clasps from a soldier who also was awarded a Silver Star. If you want to part with one of those let me know.

Thanks

Burt

Dumb old me, blind in one eye and cann't see out of the other, didn't really read both medals. I just tried to match them up with the ribbon bar, which is not complete apparently. Guy was a Capt. in the 1st div. in WW1. He had an ID bracelet made. The medal to the left of the Philippines medal is missing too. Wierd that the group included a GAR. Maybe that one was his dads? Thanks Doug

Quote by BigJohn View Post
    DerKel,
    One is Mexican Boarder Service Medal and the other is a Spanish American War Service Medal, Looks like he may have been assigned to 3rd Division during WWI.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by DerKerl View Post
    Just got this grouping with two different Mexican Border Medals with different ribbons and numbers. How does that work? Doug
    The 2 medals are both Mexican service awards. One for border service and the other for the expedition into Mexico led by General Pershing in 1916.

John, Your eyes are better than mine too. LOL. I didn't see the difference in the ribbons and could not see the medals themselves. I stand corrected. Still a nice lot.

Burt

This is what all I got. Got a clue as to the value of the group? Should I look for his DD214 to see what medals he did get and straighten it all out? Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two different Mexican Border Medals in a group?  

Stunning medals group!!
    -Johannes

Doug,
    He would have discharge papers or you should be able to find his AGO cards at ST Louis. Red Bird Research ( "Red Bird Mil Research" <redbirdresearch@att.net> )would be the best way to get quick and inexpensive results she charges $10 a card and nothing if the card is not on file. The Purple Heart would be on file. Is it named on the back? Lori is very quick as well. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    John

Fantastic grouping. Please post more info if you can get it.

Thanks

Burt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast