Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Ribbon Bar Engineers Ike Uniform

Article about: I bought this Ike Uniform at an estate auction and it has this blue/red ribbon bar that I cannot find anywhere!! It has some stars on it as well. The jacket was for an Engineer who was the r

Default Unknown Ribbon Bar Engineers Ike Uniform

I bought this Ike Uniform at an estate auction and it has this blue/red ribbon bar that I cannot find anywhere!! It has some stars on it as well. The jacket was for an Engineer who was the rank of Captain and has a shoulder patch for the ADSEC which, from my research, was responsible for the transport of supplies from the coast to the front lines. Anybody know what that ribbon was for? thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Ribbon Bar Engineers Ike Uniform   Unknown Ribbon Bar Engineers Ike Uniform  

Default Re: Unknown Ribbon Bar Engineers Ike Uniform

An interesting one I cannot find either. It is probably foreign.
    The number of stars usually indicates further awards.

The fact that there is a plastic coated Occupation Medal ribbon beside it,
    which does not match the others, as well as three DUPLICATE ribbons,
    leads me to believe this is a completely made up set.

Could you show a photo of the rank insignia ? There appears to be
    a 1st or 2nd Lieutenant bar in the above picture.
    Regards,

Steve.

Oh yeh--I forgot to mention about the ribbon bars. When I bought the uniform, the only ribbon bars were the bottom row and the one I cannot figure out. I added the Occupation bar and the middle row bar--for my own display. It was not made up. It was the grandfathers uniform of the estate. I also got his dress coat and a couple regular "field" shirts. Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that. And you are right--again, my mistake (it was getting late and I was getting tired--lol). He is NOT a Captain but a Lieutenant. There is a single silver bar on each shoulder "board" on the uniform. Thanks and I will try to post a few more pics when I get home from work today! Interesting bar though--wouldn't you say? I looked for HOURS on US ribbon bar sites and could not find anything! Didn't even think of it maybe being foreign!

I cannot find that ribbon but I have seen it before and I think for some reason it is a humanitarian award for something post war. Similar to the Medal For Humane Action they gave to air force personel after the Berlin Airlift. But I'm not positive about that I will continue to research and dig through my old ribbons. I had a bunch I could never identify until one day I bought a 1941 ROTC handbook and realized they were all ROTC but yours isn't ROTC.

*%^# I just saw this ribbon recently, but forgot where and what it was for !

I'll do another search for it...........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-29-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I will find out what it was for because I'm not having any luck in my research!

I pretty sure it not world war II.

Wild guess Korea?

My opined but looks like you got to much ribbon on the Jacket.

Great find tho

This ribbon represents 'a series of occupations, police actions and interventions'
    into Central America and the Caribbean by the US Marines up until the
    early/mid 1930's called the 'Banana Wars'.
    Regards,

Steve.

Wow very interesting Walkwolf did you see what the medal itself looked like? I can probably guess it has an eagle and stars like most other US medals but sometimes the 20s and 30s medals are very artistic. I have been thinking about trying to write something about the designers of medals. There are a lot of book about the artists that designed coins but very few about the artists that do medals. For example I would like to know which artist designed the German east front medal it is by far my favorite design.

Quote by soalebm View Post
    Wow very interesting Walkwolf did you see what the medal itself looked like? I can probably guess it has an eagle and stars like most other US medals but sometimes the 20s and 30s medals are very artistic. I have been thinking about trying to write something about the designers of medals. There are a lot of book about the artists that designed coins but very few about the artists that do medals. For example I would like to know which artist designed the German east front medal it is by far my favorite design.
    I'm pretty sure this particular bar was just a 'ribbon only' award
    although 'snyderstreasures' has a ribbon bar like yours, they
    also have some 'Studly' bronze medals for these campaigns
    with location/conflict scenes on them - $200 and up....!
    Not sure if these are genuine authorised versions.
    Is your ribbon bar numbered ?

These campaigns would make fascinating study and research,
    as you don't hear about them too often.

BTW, most artists who design medals are sculptors, so you
    probably could find out who designed the Ostfront medal.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast