Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US Engraved medal Grouping PH and Bronze star

Article about: From what I know I am pretty sure that the PH, BS, campaign medals, and ruptured duck are WWII vintage. The Victory medal, and good conduct are questionable re-issues, and the marksman badge

Default US Engraved medal Grouping PH and Bronze star

My dad picked these up today and he is a distance away from me so it will be a little before I can get better pictures.
    He told me that at least 3 of them including the PH and the Bronze Star are engraved with the veterans name.
    The veteran was from my home town, but I never knew him unfortunately.

US Engraved medal Grouping PH and Bronze star
    I think the CIB and marksman pin look new? but I am not sure on the rest. I know the picture is bad but can anyone tell for sure if they are WWII or not?
    I could not find any info on what unit he was in, that would be great if anyone could!
    Thanks for the help

Some links of the veterans I found
    NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    Salvatore Joseph Consolo Obituary: View Salvatore Consolo's Obituary by Erie Times-News

?

Default Re: US Engraved medal Grouping PH and Bronze star

Beautiful grouping ben! Was he awarded the BS multiple times? It looks like from the photo that he has a few oak leaf clusters on there.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, there is a V on it so you know he earned it and an oakleaf cluster for a second award on the BS.
    I can not find anywhere about his awards online but it looks like he was a heck of a soldier, I would like to find his unit out if possible.

?

Nice set. Hope they are all sewn drape. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

These look to me to be post war reissues !! But to be 100% sure i need better images !

These look promising to me - ie all WWII issue - Can't tell for
    sure though due to the pics, but I like them.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice setup!!!!! I look forward to see better pics but It looks like this guy has a European campaign medal with three stars along with the BS with combat V, PH and a CIB . So he most definitely has the Been there Done that awards!!!!!
    I also like the Ruptured Duck pin.That does add a great ending to the story!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

it may be 50/50 the marksman badge and CIB, ww2 victory and good conduct medal all look like modern issue replacements !!! i like the PH though on close inspection that may be a original ww2 slot brooch !! the BS and other medal are too hard to tell from the image

?

I am almost sure the victory medal is a restrike which is quite common to see now a days compared to the ww2 issue

I will have to wait to get more pictures but Ill update it ASAP
    They look all WWII vintage IMO, except for the CIB and marksman award, and possibly the WWII victory might be a replacement as Gel said.
    Well find out when I get them.
    I cant wait to see them possibly Sunday for my Birthday Ill make a trip home and pick them up
    Thanks for the feedback

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast