Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US Major General's Medals

Article about: He commanded the 8th Infantry Division in WW2 and the IX Corps in Korea. He died in action from a heart attack in Korea. He is buried at West Point in upstate New York. He was also the comma

?

Default US Major General's Medals

He commanded the 8th Infantry Division in WW2 and the IX Corps in Korea. He died in action from a heart attack in Korea. He is buried at West Point in upstate New York. He was also the commander there for a while. The General was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, the Silver Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Combat Infantryman's Badge, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal. ( this is what is listed on the ABMC website, why campaign medals are listed and not others I do not know)

At the moment I have his bsm w/olc and in the process of trying to get one of his dsm's which took a while to track down
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Major General's Medals   US Major General's Medals  

US Major General's Medals   US Major General's Medals  

?

here is his bsm in a silver star case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Major General's Medals   US Major General's Medals  

US Major General's Medals   US Major General's Medals  

?

also his dsm, hopefully I can work out a deal

?

Very nice.

?

thanks Steve, the others are out there somewhere!?