Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal

Article about: hiya guys this turned up today even though im meant to be saving some money at the mo this came up on ebay at a very good buy it now offer that i couldn't resist & it fits very nicely in

?

Talking US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal

hiya guys

this turned up today even though im meant to be saving some money at the mo this came up on ebay at a very good buy it now offer that i couldn't resist & it fits very nicely in my collection / display

Distinguished Flying Cross

"For Heroism or Extraordinary Achievement while Participating in Aerial Flight." Established 1926. Widely awarded in WW2

Distinguished Flying Cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal   US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal  

US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal   US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal  

US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal   US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal  

US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal  

Default Re: US WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross medal

Thats a super medal and in the box, looks well with the other boxed medals , say nick how much did it go for, as i have just started on the USA medals...

?

cheers mate

this one came up for £15 but if left as an auction they normally go for about £20-30

Nice pick up. My Grandmother just gave me this and an air medal that belonged to my Great Uncle. I disagree with the value, though. I've seen many unnamed dfc's go for 100 dollars.

?

not here in the uk they're not as sort after as some US medals they ive only ever seen them go as high as £30 but if they're named with paperwork now that's a different story.

?

Nice find Nick!! You did well not to pass it up.

Josey

?

cheers mate

now all i need is to find a Distinguished Service Cross & a Navy Cross in the same condition for about the same price & i'll pretty much have a full set all bar the MOH which that'll never happen