Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value will be appreciated

Article about: What was it you said to me the other day , about MY EYESIGHT !!!!! LOL

Thumbs up Value will be appreciated

Any idea of value will be appreciated....dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value will be appreciated   Value will be appreciated  

Value will be appreciated  

?

Default Re: Value will be appreciated

Hi Dave

Sorry mate, I havent got a clue as regards value, NOT cheap I would imagine, but a great looking set.

Are any of them named by any chance?

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Thats a nice looking set you've got there, i can only imagine that it is not cheap!

Regards,
    Finn

Smile Re: Value will be appreciated

Ian....finn.....no name on medals..i am starting to thin out my collection and hope to have a web page in about a month or so, it is time that others will be the caretaker of my collection...dave h

?

Hi Dave

I must say that I am surprised that there is no name on any of them, especially on "Pip, Squeak and Wilfred" as everyone of these that I have seen as a set has always had at least one of them named, either on the reverse or around the edge, but, there you go.
    As Im sure that you know, a named set would be a lot more valuable and easier to "back-track", although I would imagine that there were not many soldiers with a medal bar of this distinction. Also, the GCB and KCMG would tend to point towards an officer of at least major. (Unless I am stating something that you already know and I am way off beam! LOL)

I would love to be able to say that I would take them off your hands, unfortunately, with the best will in the world, there is no way that I could afford such a great looking set. (Im unemployed at present and having to watch every penny!) I would even come down and collect in person, geat excuse for a bike ride and run around the islands on two wheels, and Im not talking push-bike here!

Best of luck with it Dave

Regards etc

Ian D

Last edited by jimpy; 08-23-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Grammar/spelling

This is indeed a nice set. I wouldn't mind having it myself, that is, if i had the money

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Dave

I must say that I am surprised that there is no name on any of them, especially on "Pip, Squeak and Wilfred" as everyone of these that I have seen as a set has always had at least one of them named, either on the reverse or around the edge, but, there you go.

Regards etc

Ian D

As the medals are Dress miniatures and not full-sized, sadly they won't be named although occassionally one does encounter sets that have been inscribed.

I would suggest that the group is potentially attributable given the combination, but as a stand alone group with no other provenance I would therefore think a figure of around £150-200 as they appear to be contemporary would not be unreasonable.

?

Quote by skypilot View Post
    As the medals are Dress miniatures and not full-sized, sadly they won't be named although occassionally one does encounter sets that have been inscribed.

I would suggest that the group is potentially attributable given the combination, but as a stand alone group with no other provenance I would therefore think a figure of around £150-200 as they appear to be contemporary would not be unreasonable.

Glad someone has got decent eyesight mate, I hadnt realised that they were miniatures! Dohhh
    'course I know miniatures are NOT normally named!

Regards etc

Ian D

(Goes to back of class and hangs head in embarrassment)

Only because I had my bins on!

?

Quote by skypilot View Post

Only because I had my bins on!

The really scarey bit is that I wear glasses ALL the time for reading AND distance work! Looks like a visit to the opticians is due

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast