Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam-Era Grouping

Article about: Hello everyone, I picked this grouping up at an estate sale recently and got them at a great price. These were tucked away in a plastic bag and were overlooked by most, until I snagged them.

?

Default Vietnam-Era Grouping

Hello everyone,

I picked this grouping up at an estate sale recently and got them at a great price. These were tucked away in a plastic bag and were overlooked by most, until I snagged them. I know that I am bias, but its surprising (at least in my area) that there is so little interest in militaria, especially Vietnam-era stuff. This grouping belonged to career U.S. Army veteran John Peter Lockwood. In addition to the awards listed below, he received the bronze star. Unfortunately, that award is missing from the collection. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Grouping includes Military Assistance Command Vietnam “MACV” Patch
    U.S. Army Soldier Name Tape Patches
    U.S. Army Tape Patches
    Joint Service Commendation Medal
    Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces Honor Medal
    U.S. Army Open Face Belt Buckles in Packages (1966)
    U.S. Army Uniform Brass Belt Buckle “US RAU”, Vietnam-era early 1960s,
    in original package
    General Staff Officer Branch Insignia
    Paratrooper Jump wings Patch
    U.S. Army Airborne Glider Paratrooper Garrison Cloth Cap Badge
    U.S. Army Insignia Colonel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam-Era Grouping   Vietnam-Era Grouping  

Vietnam-Era Grouping  

Thanks for sharing Tom. A great grouping! Cheers.

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Hi Tom. I know nothing at all about Vietnam era US insignia/medals, but I really like the design of the "Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces Honor Medal". Any books to recommend I read to learn more about insignia and medals? Anyway, a nice purchase!!
    Stig

?

Thanks everyone for your comments! Stig, I'll be honest, I know very little about Vietnam-era medals and insignia myself. I have identified most of my items by searching the web. I did buy an interesting book at my local library for $2.00 the other day. It's a large-format book titled, "U.S. Army and Allied Ground Forces in Vietnam: Order of Battle," by Shelby T. Stanton. Its loaded with distinctive insignia (shoulder sleeve, shoulder tabs, beret flashes) and much more. My particular book is interesting as it belonged to the Colonel Charles Stover (1934-2012), a career soldier in the U.S Army and a Vietnam War veteran. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Anyway, its a nice reference book for the collector and those interested in U.S. involvement. Tom

Congratulations on a good haul!

Mart

Yep you did well Tom. Nice.