Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

why not easy found us minature medals group and how to know it is original?

Article about: i only saw 4 usa miniature medsals group, and i donto know how to know it is original or new. it is hard to found?

Default why not easy found us minature medals group and how to know it is original?

i only saw 4 usa miniature medsals group, and i donto know how to know it is original or new.

it is hard to found?
    Attached Images Attached Images why not easy found us minature medals group and how to know it is original? 

?

The mini-medals are original, and would likely date to Vietnam era based on the backing (have a similar VN era group mounted in this manner), however could be attributed to a vet who served prior to or post-Vietnam. The last medal is the Joint Service Commendation Medal, which was established in 1963.

I assume there would have been a second row that would have included campaign medals. This would have helped to pinpoint the service period(s) of the vet.

?

Miniature medals are private purchase for dress uniforms. They are not issued by the military and can be purchased by anyone and are of little collector value or interest.

I wouldn't put much faith in them at all. With the rash of low life, stolen valor jerks around and " want to be heroes " they wear them on caps and some times uniforms that are not theirs.

I would suggest that you collect US Military Issue Medals. They are available and not very expensive. The only US decoration that you can't by is the Congressional Medal of Honor. The highest combat decoration the US gives for heroism.

?

I respectfully beg to differ, Steve. US Mini-medals are collectible in their own right, and many medal collectors seek them out in addition to full size US medals. They can be a less costly alternative, especially if you are collecting on a budget. Some collect individual medals, other seek out full medal bars.

Further to that, quite a few early mini campaign and valor medals can sell for some decent cash. Obviously not comparable to their full size counterparts.

As an example, here is a min-medal bar with some early campaign medals that recently sold on eBay. Full size counterparts of these medals would have fetched 3-4 times the sold amount of the minis, but still a good chunk of change for non-government issued medals.

I personally wouldn't pay that much, but someone saw value in them.

why not easy found us minature medals group and how to know it is original?

?

Here's a 10 page thread on USMF where collectors share miniature medals in their collections; many attributed, many not.

Some of the earlier examples were very well done, and were produced by the likes of Bailey, Banks & Biddle and Whitehead & Hoag.

Post your miniature medals. - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Here's a 10 page thread on USMF where collectors share miniature medals in their collections; many attributed, many not.

Some of the earlier examples were very well done, and were produced by the likes of Bailey, Banks & Biddle and Whitehead & Hoag.

I understand what you are saying. But I also understand that they are not Government issued.
    ANYONE can buy these minis from the pseudo military sales fi

Post your miniature medals. - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum
    They are not my cup of tea.