Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 British RAF pair help needed with research

Article about: Picked up these RAF medals today , he was a interesting guy but need some help with his ww2 service , This is what i know about him so far. He served in ww1 in the RFC posted to Farnborough

Default ww1 British RAF pair help needed with research

Picked up these RAF medals today , he was a interesting guy but need some help with his ww2 service , This is what i know about him so far.
    He served in ww1 in the RFC posted to Farnborough and moved to France in 31/5/16 , he left the RAF in 1919 .He relisted in the RAF at the start of ww2 as a driver /mechanic escaping from Dunkirk and went on to become a air gunner with 50 sqn RAF , the help i need is knowing his ww2 medals he would have got , thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 British RAF pair help needed with research   ww1 British RAF pair help needed with research  

This really speculation as we don't know if he continued with 50 Sqd for the rest of the war, but I would say:

39-45 Star
    War Medal
    Defence Medal
    Air Crew Europe Star.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian ,that helps the family have someother medals and i just wanted to know which were this guys