MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Bomber Command grouping + Log Book.

Article about: Hi all, I just thought I would show this great grouping(1939-45 Star/Air Crew Europe Star with Atlantic bar/British War Medal/Defence Medal and General Service Medal with Malaya Bar)and Log

Cheers chaps, I have managed to pull a couple of "GAZETTE'S" referring to this Gentleman, so I hope to slowly be able to put a little more "history" to the group given time. Leon.

Morning gents, well I have re-mounted the group back to their former glory on a FIRMIN made bar, I have also copied four GAZETTE'S relating to the recipient dating from 1943 through to 1961 when he retired. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bomber Command grouping + Log Book.   WW2 Bomber Command grouping + Log Book.  

WW2 Bomber Command grouping + Log Book.  

?

Very nice Leon...... You have an interesting group with some very docs.. You should be well happy with that?... I like the logbook entry Me109 down?? & 600 rounds fired.. That is a stack of ammo...But needs must..lol. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, good to hear from you again. Yes, that is one hell of a load of ammo, but I am sure I would not have been saving much in the reserve if I were been chased down by 4 ME109's! There is also an interesting log entry later in the war, when his Catalina attacked a U-boat whilst on convoy duty, but the Cat and crew came off worst! Leon.

Leon, I'm wondering if he may have qualified for or
    was awarded a DFC or other decoration that did
    not come with this group.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Good thinking Steve.. They did seem to get awards for this sort of action... Worth a look Leon.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Leon, I'm wondering if he may have qualified for or
    was awarded a DFC or other decoration that did
    not come with this group.........?
    Hi Steve, I did look through the Gazette's to see if he were entitled to any gallantry awards, but alas it appears not. The Pilot may very well have been decorated but as our man was the Air Gunner/Wireless Operator during all op's, I fear he "missed out"! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2