Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British campaign stars

Article about: Hi folks, just thought i'd post my set of British campaign stars/medals. This all came about when a relative gave me the france and Germany star (on its own) well whats a man to do? best get

Default WW2 British campaign stars

Hi folks, just thought i'd post my set of British campaign stars/medals. This all came about when a relative gave me the france and Germany star (on its own) well whats a man to do? best get the rest ! well of course after framing them up the good ol british government announce and issue The Arctic Star (and very rightly so) as you can see i haven't got one of these yet so maybe one day (don't really want an ebay copy) anyone seen an original new issue for sell and at what price? Cheers Paul
    WW2 British campaign starsWW2 British campaign stars

Air Crew of Europe star close up

Good stuff Paul, I have always liked the stars awarded to the commonwealth allies. I got together a collection of them, the only difference being that I got a medal group, each with a different star until I had them all! Here are just a few of them as I have not photographed the Italy/Africa star group or my Burma star and Atlantic star groups. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British campaign stars   WW2 British campaign stars  

Thanks leon for the kind words ,Love your ACE with the atlantic bar. I need to get a Bar of Campaign medals with some kind of provenance a friend of mine has her fathers who served with Spike Milligan in north africa , What a great idea of yours to collect every star in its own medal group, thats certainly worth thinking about ,cheers Paul

?

The Arctic star "official" issues are as rare as hens teeth.
    Seeing that veterans, and relatives with relevant paperwork could only apply for one, they now have become the hardest by far star to obtain.
    So far I know of NO dealers being able to lay their hands on an official issue.

I did talk my friend into applying for his late father's, ... it took 18 months, and reams of forms and paperwork "to prove and accept" !
    The medal comes in a box with a label to the recipient.

So, as you rightly have mentioned, there are loads of e-bay dress copies, ... but as for originals !!

Regards

Gary J.