Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge

Article about: Hello all WW2 Czechoslovak Armed Forces experts . . . I am posting this badge on behalf of a good friend to obtain opinions as to authenticity and value. Any and all information on this badg

Default Re: WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge

I have both 1940 and 1942 type badges in my collection. They appear to have been made from a thinner tin later in the war and they are not stamped by the WHM halmark. The 1940 badge also exists in an enameled variant. I have never heard of a 1942 enamel badge.

dusktildawn
    ?

Hiya Folks......On the same theme and sorry to hijack this thread but could someone please give me some info on my collection of Czech's in Exile badges. Would it be better to sell these individually or as a collection? Has anyone got any idea of value? Reckon there can't be many of these about given the limited amount of Czech Soldiers in the UK at the time. Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers and kind regards.

Charley

ps how do i attach an image?

WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeHello, I am new to this section but I would like to share my Czech collection with fellow members. I've been collecting for some 20+ years and started collecting Polish Militaria. Since then I've branched out to Czechoslovakia, Finland and Baltic States, Polish-American, Etc. Most items are pre-1945 but I also have items from the Communist period. You may find my Czech Air Force items of interest. The Pilot Badges I've seen for sale run about $ 650. When I was in Prague in the 90's I discovered a Czech AF Association but was not able talk to any members - probably suspiscious of Americans. Would appreciate any comments or questions. Thanks, Polishboy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge   WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  

Last edited by Polishboy; 05-30-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added more medals

Hi
    Welcome on the forum!
    This collection of CZ Badges etc is, in my view, priceless!
    I have seen bits and bobs in this subject here in London , but not sets like you have. There is / was a Cz / Slowak cultural centre in London but veterans had not been available to meet form 2000 – I have tried 2-3 times. AF Association was not that active like Polish one – I think.
    A number Czechs AF people settled in Highgate - North London

Quote by Polishboy View Post
    WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeWW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badgeHello, I am new to this section but I would like to share my Czech collection with fellow members. I've been collecting for some 20+ years and started collecting Polish Militaria. Since then I've branched out to Czechoslovakia, Finland and Baltic States, Polish-American, Etc. Most items are pre-1945 but I also have items from the Communist period. You may find my Czech Air Force items of interest. The Pilot Badges I've seen for sale run about $ 650. When I was in Prague in the 90's I discovered a Czech AF Association but was not able talk to any members - probably suspiscious of Americans. Would appreciate any comments or questions. Thanks, Polishboy

Hello Wadowicznic,
    Thanks for your kind comments. I have just added my prided collection of Czech Orders and will add another pic of my Medals. I also have documents for some Orders. If you want to buy some items, you should check out the European auction houses for current prices and possible purchase. I am not selling anything yet. I am new at posting so I didn't add titles to my pics. The 2 daggers are both from the 30's. One is Czech AF issue and the other is Czech Customs Officer Dress Dagger, which has provenance. You might ask how an American collector acquired these items ? A lot came from Czech Republic Flea Markets and the rest from E-bay and Dealers. As to current value, The case with the "White Lion Orders" is currently valued at $ 32,000 U.S. from realized auction prices. I got in on collecting these item at the right time and they have appreciated handsomly. Also, I have still many more Items from Poland. I have posted my collection on Flickr: rmarkxyz's Photostream.
    However the flickr post in not up to date.
    Polishboy

0mat10
    ?

Hi
    I am new to this forum and came across this post of Czech militaria.
    I have been collect odd military daggers and pieces for a while.
    The Cz dagger with the red background, I have always wanted to add one to my collection.
    Might I know how easy they are to find and what they sell for?

Thank you
    Mark

Quote by 0mat10 View Post
    Hi
    I am new to this forum and came across this post of Czech militaria.
    I have been collect odd military daggers and pieces for a while.
    The Cz dagger with the red background, I have always wanted to add one to my collection.
    Might I know how easy they are to find and what they sell for?

Thank you
    Mark
    The Dagger is a Dress Dagger for the Czechoslovak Customs Service. This one was for a very senior officer and was worn daily on the formal uniform. This one was brought back from WW2 and has some provenance. In my many years of collecting I have never seen another so it is quite rare. Even the CZ Customs website does not have one - mine is shown there. Mine is not for sale at this time, but I would estimate its value at $ 5,000 US. Care to make an offer ??? I may decide to sell in the future.

Robert
    USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2