Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge

Article about: Hello all WW2 Czechoslovak Armed Forces experts . . . I am posting this badge on behalf of a good friend to obtain opinions as to authenticity and value. Any and all information on this badg

Default WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge

Hello all WW2 Czechoslovak Armed Forces experts . . .

I am posting this badge on behalf of a good friend to obtain opinions as to authenticity and value. Any and all information on this badge is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge   WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  

Default WW2 exile Czechoslovak Pilot's Badge

Perhaps one could help me too?
    i have been told that finding ths Spink made orginal Battle for Brittan Czech Pilot's badge is a miracle.
    Any idea of value?

A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  

Default WW2 exile Czechoslovak Army Badge

Any idea as to the value?
    Trully unique badge - I have seen it only once in UK in many years.
    A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  

Default Re: WW2 exile Czechoslovak Pilot's Badge

If it is authenic you are in the thousand euro range easy. I had one and sold it for 500 bucks 15 years ago.
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Perhaps one could help me too?
    i have been told that finding ths Spink made orginal Battle for Brittan Czech Pilot's badge is a miracle.
    Any idea of value?

A

Default Re: WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge

Thanks
    Appreciated. I think that it is worth much more as it belongs to one of only 88 Chech pilots who took part in B for B

The badge is orginal (i also have some papers) and belonged to Sq leader SLOUF Vaclav (5 kills)

Official No.: 787 706 (112 547)
    Date and place of birth: 8th November 1911, Dvorec u Nepomuku

Date and place of death: 13th April 1976, England

War Service

Unit Since To Rank
    312 05.09.1940 13.06.1942 Sgt, F/Sgt, P/O
    312 28.08.1942 01.02.1944 P/O - F/Lt
    313 22.05.1944 30.09.1944 F/Lt
    312 30.09.1944 19.04.1945 F/Lt, S/Ldr

From 1st July 1943 to 1st February 1944 he served as the flight leader of flight "B" of No. 310 Squadron and from 1st November to 15th November he was in the same function at flight "A".

On 15th November 1944 he took the command over No. 312 Squadron in the rank of S/Ldr.

For his excellent service he obtained DFC.

After return to Czechoslovakia he joined CSA as a pilot. In 1948 when the Communist took over in CSR he emigrated to England and rejoined RAF. He retired from the RAF in 1958. (Photo of Slouf in 1965.)

He died on 13th April 1976 in Weston-Super-Mare.

Tony
    Look at this
    British Badges
    Price 45£
    I am not 100% sure whether orginal
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello all WW2 Czechoslovak Armed Forces experts . . .

I am posting this badge on behalf of a good friend to obtain opinions as to authenticity and value. Any and all information on this badge is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge 

Hello wadowicznic,

Many thanks. Will pas this along to t he person who was curious about the badge

And congratulations on your Sq. Ldr. Slouf items. That pilot’s badge is a real beauty.

Best,
    Tony

Bon Accord
    ?

Hello Tony,

I am not an expert on Czech badges, but I am a medal dealer who also sells badges and insignia.

As comparison to the badge you attached in your opening post, see below attached is an example of an 'original' Czech Artillery Badge that was manufactured in England during period 1940-45, and which bears the makers marks on reverse. In this case the well known Birmingham company of 'H.W. Miller', who appear to have made a niche for themselves in providing insignia to various allied 'exile' forces that were based in ther United Kingdom between 1940-45.

Note the badge I am below attachijng is dated 1940 - and not 1942. I do not know the significance of the 1942 date shown on your badge.

I am not here suggesting that your badge is per-se a fake or restrike, but only sending attached as comparison of a badge with makers marks.

As information.

Yours aye,
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge   WW2 exile Czechoslovak Artillery badge  

Hello Bon Accord,

Many thanks for posting this supplemental information. I will pass this onto my friend who was the owner of the badge in question.

Kindest regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Bon Accord
    ?

Tony,

Gorgot to mention that with regards to value you might like to have your friend check the current WW2 badge listings on ebay uk site whereat this and several other Czech Forces in Exile badges are currently listed for sale.

Yours aye,
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast