Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 green howards medal group and pics

Article about: Just received this grouping Green Howards named to Charles James with wound letter wish i knew more but unable to find im afraid never mind.Would of seen plenty of action as a frontline infa

Default Ww2 green howards medal group and pics

Just received this grouping Green Howards named to Charles James with wound letter wish i knew more but unable to find im afraid never mind.Would of seen plenty of action as a frontline infantry man im sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 green howards medal group and pics   Ww2 green howards medal group and pics  

Ww2 green howards medal group and pics   Ww2 green howards medal group and pics  

Nice grouping and pleased to see it all kept together. Always a shame to see clearly loved medals split from any documentation and thus unresearchable.

Thanks shame I dont have his service number

Have three possibilities Pvt C James 4397512 pow:12753 Stalag 4g Oschatz. Pvt C James 4751926 pow:39239 Stalag 18a Wolfsberg or the one i really think it is Pvt C James 4397512 pow:Camp 54 Passo Corese Italy.

Also i suspect that if he would of not been a pow in Italy he would of got the France and Germany as the Green Howards were recalled for the invasion of france were they not unless he was injured in Italy and i have the wrong guy??????? I also suspect the wallet to be POW made.

Any ideas anyone else please?