Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.

Article about: Morning chaps, I have just won this super WW2 and post WW2 grouping to a member of the Observer Corps. I have been waiting for a nice "stonewall" wartime service group for quite so

Default WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.

Morning chaps, I have just won this super WW2 and post WW2 grouping to a member of the Observer Corps. I have been waiting for a nice "stonewall" wartime service group for quite sometime and at last I found it! There are many documents and service certificates dated from 1937 through to 1971, with the Defence medal and Royal Observer Corps LSGC and bar. Also two nice studio photographs of the recipient, Chief Observer Hart in pre shoulder flash (circa 1941) uniform and six images of an inspection by the Queen in the 60's, one with her talking to our man! Lovely group, that I have waited patiently for. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.   WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.  

WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.   WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.  

WW2 OBSERVER CORPS grouping.  
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 03-10-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Very nice Leon, thanks for posting this

Matt

Well worth the wait Leon,congrats on such a great group pickup.............

Morning gents, I just read the history of No11 Group up until 1946 and our man above was one of only two Observers to pass the Aircraft Master Recognition test out of an entrance of over 200 in December 1943! Seems to have been exceptionally good at his job. Leon.

?

Leon an excellent grouping with all that paperwork.. & the 2 medals look top dollar....Cheers Terry.