Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 RAF DFC & MID Medal grouping.

Article about: Morning gents, firstly, sorry for the "grainy" images, I still only have an old tablet to work with! Anyway, I thought you would like to see this nice DFC grouping that I have just

Default WW2 RAF DFC & MID Medal grouping.

Morning gents, firstly, sorry for the "grainy" images, I still only have an old tablet to work with!
    Anyway, I thought you would like to see this nice DFC grouping that I have just acquired to a Navigator of 25 raids over the Reich, including the 3 major Hamburg raids and 8 over Berlin! Window was first used during the Hamburg raids to great success, but it soon resulted in the German night fighter tactics to be changed from box controlled to a more flexible "free roaming" system, so in the long run it probably made night bombing even more perilous!
    F/O R.O.P Beatty of 207 Squadron was awarded his DFC (non immediate ) in 1944 and survived the war. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 RAF DFC  & MID Medal grouping.   WW2 RAF DFC  & MID Medal grouping.  

WW2 RAF DFC  & MID Medal grouping.   WW2 RAF DFC  & MID Medal grouping.  

What a fantastic grouping Leon, You must be well chuffed to be the new custodian of such a fine collection of historythanks for showing ,Regards Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    What a fantastic grouping Leon, You must be well chuffed to be the new custodian of such a fine collection of historythanks for showing ,Regards Paul
    Thanks Paul,
    Yes . I am, the Bomber Command lads have been badly over looked in my eye's over the course of time. Yes , we can all question in this more "moral" age whether the tactics involved were decent and proper, but those were different times. I for one can only admire the courage of this chap along with the other air crew from all sides who either paid the ultimate price or partook in these actions, Leon.

Heroes all !

Nice grouping Leon. My grandfather worked as ground maintenance crew for bombers during the war. I think he worked on the engines.
    Nick

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks Paul,
    Yes . I am, the Bomber Command lads have been badly over looked in my eye's over the course of time. Yes , we can all question in this more "moral" age whether the tactics involved were decent and proper, but those were different times. I for one can only admire the courage of this chap along with the other air crew from all sides who either paid the ultimate price or partook in these actions, Leon.
    Well said Leon, you are a worthy custodian of these awards and memories. Those were different times.