Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 USA Pins ID

Article about: Hi Gents! I was wondering if I can get some help identifying these pins I recently picked up at a thrift store? Anything special? Thanks!

Default WW2 USA Pins ID

Hi Gents!
    I was wondering if I can get some help identifying these pins I recently picked up at a thrift store? Anything special?
    Thanks!WW2 USA Pins ID

Lots there, if you google Distinctive Unit Insignia you will find them all.

?

Nice lot , I have most of them , bar 3 in my collection

?

As blackcat said you can google them all if we can see the back I believe most are post WWII made . Gary

You can also go to the Institute of Heraldry's website.

You can do searches by unit mottos and other information..

The Institute of Heraldry | Home

If you are also interested in collecting Distinctive Unit Insignia there is a very good book in unit crests:

U.S. Army Heraldic Crests: A Complete Illustrated History of Authorized Distinctive Unit Insignia by Barry Jason Stein.. This book is now out of print but there are copies available on Amazon right now for decent prices. This is a must have book if collecting Unit Crests like what you have here..

One other option is ASMIC (American Society of Military Insignia Collectors).. ASMIC

There are some nice crests there, all look to be post WW2 era, you have some infantry, maintenance and others.. STRIKE is the 502nd Infantry Regiment. This was my unit when I was in the 101st and in the Berlin Brigade..

Smitty

?

I have found that is you type the motto and with "unit crest" you can usually ID about 90% of DUIs. From what I see almost all of the ones you posted look 60s period