Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Defence & War Medal with bar

Article about: The newest addition to my medal condition. A WWII Defence and War medal given to D.B. Simpson. A great set of medals.

Default WWII Defence & War Medal with bar

The newest addition to my medal condition. A WWII Defence and War medal given to D.B. Simpson. A great set of medals.
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII Defence & War Medal with bar  WWII Defence & War Medal with bar  WWII Defence & War Medal with bar  WWII Defence & War Medal with bar  WWII Defence & War Medal with bar 

Nice to have them with the named box and the bar. I assume he only served at home. A shame will probably not be able to find out what he did.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice set of medals there like Jerry says in lovely nick..Always nice to found these sort of packages!!!.. Thanks for showing. Cheers Terry.

I have my late uncles war and defence medal - although he did actually serve in France for a short time around May 1940. He was sent home due to ill-health, and then manned the guns on the south coast before moving back home to Manchester and manning the AA guns not that far from his home in Gorton.

?

Harry have you any photos? I know these medals aren't very rare but still nice to see. I have a few myself..One to a woman I think from Sheffield!! wait out & I will find it!! Cheers Terry.

?

Here you go guys..I did Google street view the house but I was damn if I could find it lol... Cheers Terry. WWII Defence & War Medal with barWWII Defence & War Medal with bar

Terry, I've not ignored your request. I was in the middle of photographing the picture and medals, and an old army friend phoned with information for my new book. I will try and get on to it tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

?

No problems Steve. Look forward to seeing these medals..I do like British medals not so fancy as some other countries but being British I am a little biase lol.. Cheers Terry.

Default War medal & Defence medal

Here are the two medals of my late uncle - Gnr/Signaller Arthur Fitzsimmons. My late uncle passed away while I was in training at Woolwich in 1969, and all his photographs and memento's were thrown out by his sister. When she passed away in the early 1980's, I was asked to remove some bags of rubbish from her flat. I had a look to see what was inside and found my late uncles medals in box of issue, along with his identity card. His photograph had been left in a cupboard. What a sad way to remember a man's military career. I went on to serve in the Royal Artillery, and I too was a Gunner/Signaller. Many in the family say I bear a strong resemblance to him. See what you think, and a picture of my own medal.

WWII Defence & War Medal with barWWII Defence & War Medal with barWWII Defence & War Medal with bar

?

Nice Steve..The old GSM with NI clasp . I have one myself a little later than yours I fear..lol..My first tour 1989.. Now that is a terrible way to remember somebody anybody by throwing their stuff in the bin..So that was a good call going through the rubbish.2 good looking medals here. The GSM I have been collecting those on the QT..I now have my one, George the VI Palestine 1945-48,Malaya ER2 but with the old reverse ie the lady of peace I think it is?.I just need a King George the V one & I will have one of each except the ER2 there is another model/type out!!...You can never tire looking at these medals! Good stuff Steve. Cheers Terry.