Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals

Article about: Hello all, I went to the local gunshow by me this morning, and there were a couple of things that caught my eye. The first item was an Air Medal with a full wrap brooch in its box, along wit

Default WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals

Hello all,

I went to the local gunshow by me this morning, and there were a couple of things that caught my eye. The first item was an Air Medal with a full wrap brooch in its box, along with spare ribbon, and what looks like a theatre made (?) ribbon bar. When I asked the vendor what he wanted for it, I originally thought his price was for the medal alone, but it was for everything..I couldn't go wrong there A little further down, I saw a rack of mini medals that caught my eye. This vendor said that they came from the estate of a Colonel "Grunewald", and that the set was sold to him by his widow. All together I spent $20. I have a couple of questions: Is this air medal in fact an early issue medal, and what would the going price be for it? Also, does anyone have any information on this Colonel Grunewald? Any input is appreciated

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals   WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals  

WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals   WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals  

WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals  

Default Re: WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals

Bump

Default Re: WWII Early Issue Air Medal, ID help with Colonel's Mini Medals

The Air Medal is indeed an early 'wrap brooch' WWII type.........

I've seen these go for between $50 and $100 with box.
    Regards,

Steve.